Anyone who wants to send some encouragement to Caleb

Caleb's NEW Address:
132 Hillside Dr
Norfolk, NE 68701



Elkhorn Valley Bank
Caleb R. Baber Medical Fund
800 West Benjamin Avenue
P.O. Box 1007
Norfolk, NE 68702-1007
Phone: 402-371-0722

Recovery in full swing

Recovery in full swing

Thursday, March 4, 2010

So, I'm running.

So this semester I set out to begin to run for exercise. I was met immediately with disappointment. After the first run I developed a sore that lasted over a month. It made everyday walking very painful and school was a very hard thing to get through each day. By the 15th of February my legs had begun to heal. I also discovered that AirBorne helps my skin tissue. Much more than that God showered his grace on me. On Friday I tried running because it felt like the first legitimate spring day. I only made it .85 miles, but i ran .85 miles! The next morning was beautiful again and I ran the same distance. Then Monday I ran a full mile. Wednesday 2 miles. Monday (this past one now the 1st of March) I ran 2.5 miles in about 25 minutes and today I ran 3 miles in about 33 minutes! I'm set to run a 5k soon i think. I would really like to work toward running a half marathon.

In other news, I have had a person tell me that they are going to pay for my plane ticket to India this summer. I am going to go to work with HIV and AIDS patients for 6-8 weeks depending on how the schedule gets laid out. I'm very excited for this opportunity as well! God has been bringing me through some very trying times. I feel like he has given me a breather so to speak but its impossible for me to accurately describe how hard the past two months have been on a day to day basis spiritually as much as physically. He is still good and just...He is everything I hope Him to be.

-caleb

No comments: