Anyone who wants to send some encouragement to Caleb

Caleb's NEW Address:
132 Hillside Dr
Norfolk, NE 68701



Elkhorn Valley Bank
Caleb R. Baber Medical Fund
800 West Benjamin Avenue
P.O. Box 1007
Norfolk, NE 68702-1007
Phone: 402-371-0722

Recovery in full swing

Recovery in full swing

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update.....FINALLY!


Sorry to all of you out there who have continued to come here to hear the news of yours truely (Caleb that is), I am finding it hard to maintain my Facebook and online studies as well as a blog. In any case, I want you all to know I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, calls, cards, and visits. I have found out from all of you and your support of me and my family that I am one of the luckiest guys in the world.

Well I suppose a proper update is in order:

I just got back home from the airport here in Omaha. I went to Arizona with my brother, mom, and step-dad Todd. It is my first experience in commercial flying since being injured. All in all I can say it was a very good experience. I wasn't sure how everything would work out, but everyone working for the airlines helped out above and beyond what I could have asked for. The flight itself was just like all the other times, I didn't find that the altitude affected me at all. The trip itself was very taxing though.

You're probably wondering 'well thats nice but why the heck were you going to Arizona?' Well, a very special lady had a birthday that I wasn't planning on missing. My step- Grandma Dora turned the big 75. I was one of the lucky grandkids that surprised her with our being there. I am very glad that God enabled me to make the trip.

I was also able to spend Saturday evening with a dear friend, Nate Purdum. We spent an hour or so out on this beautiful lake. It was very significant for me because it was the first time I got to be out doors. The view was spectacular, and the conversation even better.

While down in AZ I had a second interview with a newspaper. The Tribune I think for you Arizonians around Dewey and/or Prescott. It was good to get to share my heart for the Dalit people with her more than my journey up this recovery hill.

Speaking of India I am very excited as my mom has already said about the opportunity to go. I ask you to pray to the Great Physician to heal my leg to the extent that my doctors are at ease with sending me as well as His continued protection while in India with all of the bugs I'll run into. A little more info for the trip: I may have the opportunity to spend a few days in Denver at the Dalit Freedom Network's headquarters, I think I'll be getting a 10 year visa for India which will come in handy countless times, I will get to see my boys as my mom said, and now I have experience in commercial travel. I'm most excited to see my boys Bhargav, Sai Kumar, Sai Kiran, and Raju Pulli. I didn't get to meet all of them on my first trip and I miss Bhargav a lot. I was tinking about it and I don't know if I'll have the strength or not but I really would like to have another picture with him on my shoulders. It's overwhelming for me to talk about him sometimes. He represents so many things to me but especially Hope and Courage in my own life and in his. Please pray for this opportunity.

I suppose I can also share that I am having a driving evaluation on Tuesday. We'll figure out to what extent I will need adjustments if any to a vehicle to be able to drive safely. I am very excited about the prospect of driving again with all of its freedom.

I hope you all are able to find nothing more or less than Christ in this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb... you are a most amazing person, and a blessing to all of us lucky enough to know you even just a little bit. I'm so glad you get to return to India, because your compassion and love for this ministry is evident in everything you do. You are an encouragement to me, and a living testimony to the world... God Bless.

Ephesians 1:15-16.

Anonymous said...

I love you Caleb!! Mom

Unknown said...

i had no idea you were gonna say Dora! let me remember my relation...i think she's my dad's aunt. anyway...it's fun to remember that we're step-3rd cousins or something. haha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Caleb, Rick (Mr.) Allison. Good to see you're getting to travel and now driving too! Glad you enjoyed the trip to AZ so much. I wish I could've been there. Dora invited the family, but my parents (my mom and Dora are sisters) are in TX and I just can't get away from school and can't imagine travelling on a plane with a 6 month old baby. I love the picture of you and Nate at the lake. There are still so many times that I think about your class (the year that you were all seventh graders). We (Silhacek, Mrsny, Foxhoven, and others) reminisce (sp?) from time to time about all of you. You guys were a great bunch. Funny how that 7th period science class was one of the biggest, most chaotic classes I've ever had, yet I consider it to be one of the most fun, too.

Take care, and keep us updated when you can.

Unknown said...

Hey Caleb! So exciting to hear of all the recoveries and progress you have made. I am amazed at how much you see and exclaim God in all of this. I wanted to share with you a little information... if you ARE planning on coming to Denver, I know many people with open hearts and room for couch-sleepers, if you are looking for a place to crash. I would love to simply see you and hear more of your story and just catch up a little bit. Let me know what you think and keep us updated on your travels and journeys! Take care, AJF