Sleeping Beauty is still resting.......as hard as that is, I guess it's good! Before I get distracted I am going to finish my "God Thing" list.......
Let's start on the mountain after the fall.
1. The kids had cell service on the mountain to call for help!
2. Someone mountain biking pulled up as soon as it happened to help out!
3. Caleb has been giving blood & on Wednesday before the accident, he didn't!!
4. He landed on his side, not his back, head, feet, etc!
5. His head was inches from a log!
6. It stayed light outside long enough to get him off the mountain & into the helicopter more easily!
7. Having an EMT on the hike to administer first aid immediately. (Thanks Jeff)
8. Tracy (Director of student services) was with Caleb almost immediately until family could arrive. Thank you for the 1:00am phone call with the update after surgery!!
9. Lee University has been soooo good to us!! They took care of lodging & food until we could get our bearings straight!!!!
For those of you who don't know. Caleb was at a private Christian school, on an academic scholarship.
10. Mom & Step dad were able to get into a room with the Hospital Hopitality House.
11. Dad & Step mom were given a studio apartment from a fellow Lee parent to use free of charge as long as we need it.
12. Cindy Gipson (Caleb's 7th grade English teacher) sent her cousin who lives out here to the hospital to encourage us.....what a blessing to share the load with other believers!!
13. Todd & I were looking for a specific verse & we were unable to find it & the next morning Julie Muelbauer sent it to us in a text message unbeknownst to her that we were looking for it!! It's 2 Cor 4:18 if you are interested in looking.
14. Motorcycle Riders for Christ came up to visit, thanks for sending them Kathy!!
15. On Monday we were able to have his internal systems all hooked up!!!!!!
16. Last night a couple who's friends' son attends Lee with Caleb came to offer help in any way & pray with us
17. Free Parking!!
And there is more.....I know there is. Please feel free to add yours. I must go though. I've hogged this computer long enough & Todd & Tammy (Step mom & dad) had to fly home today & Todd will be calling soon from Chicago for an update on Caleb, so I must go. I love you all & thank you so much!!!!!
"In His Time" (Thanks Carmen!)