Anyone who wants to send some encouragement to Caleb

Caleb's NEW Address:
132 Hillside Dr
Norfolk, NE 68701



Elkhorn Valley Bank
Caleb R. Baber Medical Fund
800 West Benjamin Avenue
P.O. Box 1007
Norfolk, NE 68702-1007
Phone: 402-371-0722

Recovery in full swing

Recovery in full swing

Monday, December 15, 2008

GREAT weekend!!

It's been a busy & GREAT weekend! Caleb got to get together with several of his friends & his little brother & hang out for the weekend. I was glad for him to get out of the hospital and hang out with friends. Unfortunately, he didn't give me many details to share with you. He is expecting his friend Eric tonight to hang out. Eric has been out of the country & unable to connect with Caleb in person. I know he is looking forward to seeing Eric.

Caleb went for a home visit today to his Aunt Kristin & Uncle Jim's house. The plan is to live with them while he is in OUT Patient rehab. They live in Bennington & have opened their home to him. We are so grateful to them & all they are doing. We will never be able to thank them enough!! They were able to go through the house with Caleb & determine what might need done. For example: hand rails in the bath tub. That sort of thing.

Caleb is so hoping & praying to be able to be discharged before Christmas. We are praying that God has His healing hand on the left leg & that it heals well enough to be home for the Holidays.

The next step in the recovery process is a skin graft on Wednesday. Todd & I are planning to go down there & of course, the weather is now calling for 4-6 inches of snow...RRRR...I normally love the snow & it's not that I don't, but it sure seems like we get the "fun" weather when we are suppose to go to Lincoln.

I don't have a lot more to add. But I am always in awe at how God has moved in our lives. We watched a show last night that made me think again of how close we came to spending our first Holidays without Caleb all together! Life is so fragile. I don't think we tell people that we love how much we love them nearly enough. Thank you all for your prayers & I am praying that everyone ready this has a most Blessed Christmas!!
Love, Tami

2 comments:

Jgebbie said...

I just wanted to tell you that the last paragraph you wrote was one of the most poignant things I read today. I lost a very dear friend on Christmas 2 years ago and it reminded me how right you are. I personally have put out as many "I love yous" as I could today and am sending this one to you, Todd, Caleb, Levi, Rani,Jess, and Mandi. I love you guys!

Jenn

Unknown said...

Hi Tami. I don't even know if you could remember who I am, I was in 4-H with Caleb, Rani, and Levi when we were young, my grandma lived by Judy Goodwater. All that to say that I have sporatically checked the blog since my mom told me about Caleb. In all of it my heart swells and my stomach does flip flops. I am amzed at the faith displayed through the bolg! It challenges me and my faith, which is good. Praise God that He saves us! That he loves us enough to send His Son. Know that I am praying for you and your family!!

Emily Heermann (Omaha,Ne)