Anyone who wants to send some encouragement to Caleb

Caleb's NEW Address:
132 Hillside Dr
Norfolk, NE 68701



Elkhorn Valley Bank
Caleb R. Baber Medical Fund
800 West Benjamin Avenue
P.O. Box 1007
Norfolk, NE 68702-1007
Phone: 402-371-0722

Recovery in full swing

Recovery in full swing

Monday, October 27, 2008

Tuesday is the day

Caleb talked to Dr Summit this morning & told him that he wants to go with prosthetics. Dr Summit got him on the surgery schedule tomorrow. We are pretty sure it's in the afternoon, but we have not been able to confirm that.


We have an appointment tomorrow morning with his case manager to discuss where he will go from here. Please pray for wisdom in that decision also. Caleb still has the burn wound on his shoulder, but will need a little different rehab for his legs.


Dr. Summit is also going to address a few of the superficial burns on his leg, & the inside of his elbow. He will address the legs first & then anything else he has time for. Dr. Summit has promised he will do everything in his power to keep the knee on the left leg. He has had patients with worse burns & was successful at keeping the knee. The burn goes up to the knee on the left leg, but with prayer, we are hoping to keep it.


Caleb was also able to meet Meri Lee. She is the parent of a classmate that has opened her home to us to live while we are here. Caleb was able to personally express his gratitude. We are so thankful that God has provided our housing need through them.


He has also been sleeping & eating well, which will help with continued healing.


Here are the lyrics to that song I've been clinging to......


Voice Of Truth LyricsArtist(Band):Casting Crowns
Review The Song (123)
Print the Lyrics
Send "Voice Of Truth" Ringtones to Cell Phone

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand
But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win, you'll never win.
"But the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says
"do not be afraid!"
and the voice of truth says
"this is for my glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
Oh, what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me time and time again
"Boy you'll never win, you'll never win."
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the voice of truth says "this is for my glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
But the stone was just the right size
to put the giant on the ground
and the waves they don't seem so high
from on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
when I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
singing over me
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says do not be afraid
And the voice of truth says this is for my glory
Out of all the voices calling out to me (calling out to me)
I will choose to listen and believe (I will choose to listen and believe)
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe
the voice of truth
I will listen and believe 'Cause Jesus you are the voice of truth
And I will listen to you.. oh you are

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb, we have been praying for you! You went to kindergarten with our daughter, Rochelle. God has something special in mind for you, we know. God bless you and give you the peace that passes all understanding. We are praying for your family as well. Love, Mike, Kelly, Rochelle, Brandon, Spencer, and Riley Unruh

Anonymous said...

That's such a great song Tami, one of several that have really helped get me through the last 20 months. I know this isn't easy for you but hang in there, we are praying for all of you.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Baber Family,
You do not personally know me; however, Caleb was a very dear friend to my boyfriend, Adam Reeker. When we were informed as to what happened, Adam began to tell me what a major influence Caleb has had on him. He said Caleb was nothing but a bright spot and some of the amazing things he has done to spread God's love. I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Caleb at this time. (And when I say that, I mean it). I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through; however, I know we serve a loving God and He is filling you all with His strength, faith, and vision each day. You are an amazing family with unstoppable drive and I know Caleb will conquer this.

Blessings,
Ashleigh Winje